Translate

Friday, July 3, 2015

One more Sleep!



It's 3 PM on Friday and we are only one sleep away from our departure. Is it possible to be excited, anxious, and calm all at the same time? 
Excited, because I am looking forward to a wonderful trip with my best mate in a new land to explore with our bikes. Anxious, because anxiety is excitement's fraternal twin, who is always hanging around waiting to interrupt.  Calm, because everything on my list has been checked off and I am ready to go.  Calm is the undernourished runt of the family who can be quickly be overwhelmed by anxiety cutting in with the latest internet update on cancelled flights out of Pearson Airport resulting from a labor dispute with the fuel providers. Calm also reminds me that I have never visited Toronto, and that although it's not Lisbon it would be new and interesting... maybe. 






No comments:

Post a Comment